James Slattery has been actively engaged in the intellectual property field since 1970. He specializes in international intellectual property law and has assisted the World Intellectual Property Organization (“WIPO”), the Swedish Patent Office, the U.S. Patent Office and the Japanese Patent Office with many training programs. In 2000, WIPO awarded Mr. Slattery a special award to honor him for his work with the World Wide Academy Advisory Board, which is in charge of ongoing training programs regarding International Patent, Trademark and Copyright treaties administered by WIPO. Mr. Slattery has been the President/Chairman of a number of intellectual property organizations. He has also participated in patent, trademark and copyright litigations before Federal and State Courts and has lectured on U.S. and Patent law both abroad and in the United States.
- Lecturer, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, Patent Academy, 1978-2000 and World Intellectual Property Organization, 1985-2006
- Patent Examiner, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 1970-1976
- Elected Councilman for the City of Falls Church, 1988-1992
- Franklin Pierce Law Center Advisory Committee for Intellectual Property, 1987-
- Member, Panel of Arbitrators, American Arbitration Association
- Member, Panel of Arbitrators, World Intellectual Property Organization
- Practiced in intellectual property field since 1970, specializing in mechanical and design patents, trademarks, copyrights and litigation